We welcome Doug McCoy to the podcast. Doug is a podcasting veteran, hosting shows such as 80s Anthologies, In the Theater, Crazy Creepy Cool Movies, The Pastor and the Pappy, and Never Seen It. In the spirit of Never Seen It, we decided to review a film that at least one of us had not seen – Highlander. In addition to our review of this classic movie, Robert has a concert review of Asia and Journey, a new Play This, Not That, and an all new Remember That Song and 80s Trivia.
– Welcome Doug McCoy, from the McCoyCast, which features the podcasts Crazy Creepy Cool Movies, 80s Anthologies, In the Theater, Dumb Things I Did As a Kid, The Pastor and the Pappy, and Never Seen It
– Doug is also an author, publishing the eBook, TV In My Time (as well as several others that are in Doug’s contact information below)
– Who’s Crying Now: At a Journey concert, Doug gets hit by a lady next to him because Steve Perry wasn’t singing. She then commenced crying.
– Steve Perry has a solo album coming up this year (2017)
– Robert’s Journey concert report
Play This, Not That – Simple Minds
Instead of “(Don’t You) Forget About Me”
Play “Sanctify Yourself”
Shall We Play a Game
Remember That Song
Last Song: “Naughty, Naughty” by John Parr
Great job, Scot Compton!
I put my hand on your stocking, I was movin’ nice and slow
Let my fingers do the walking, and there ain’t far to go
New Song: The wild dogs cry out in the night/As they grow restless, longing for some solitary company
If you know the artist and song, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Question: What Tim Burton film did Warner Bros. consider distributing under the title Scared Sheetless?
New Question: What nickname did Warren Weber answer to on Happy Days?
If you know the answer, email us at email@example.com
Main Topic – Highlander
– Who has Never Seen It?
Christopher Lambert – Connor MacLeod
Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes
Sean Connery – Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez
James Bond and a bazillion other roles
Clancy Brown – The Kurgan
The Shawshank Redemption
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Roxanne Hart – Brenda Wyatt
Nurse Camille Shutt on the CBS medical drama series, Chicago Hope (1994—1998)
Directed by Robert Mulcahy
– Movie synopsis and review
– Awesome Queen music!
– Favorite scenes
You can also purchase these books by Doug McCoy
TV In My Time
[twitter-follow screen_name=’returntothe80s’ show_count=’yes’ text_color=’00ccff’]