This was absolute blast interviewing my favorite band – Rubix Kube. Two of the members of Rubix Kube is also 1/2 of Trixter. So, here are 2 interviews in 1 episode! First up is Cherie and Scott – the lead singers, and John, the drummer. Then the second interview is Steve Brown and PJ Farley the guitarist and bassist, respectively for both Rubix Kube and Trixter.
– Meet Cherie, Scott, and John
– How the band got started
– How the bad got it’s name
– Why Rubix Kube, and not Rubik’s Cube
– Choosing a set list
– You can request a song to be played
– Stage props
– The late, great David Z. got to justify his crazy 80s memorabilia collection
– Scott’s dad’s involvement with Jim Henson’s Muppets
– Rubix Kube’s appearance on The Cake Boss
– Don’t eat fondant
– Where the band tours
– Played for the troops
– Don’t peek at the set list!
– Thanks to John, for putting this interview together
– Where did Animal go?
– Find the band online. Just misspell the name, and you’ll find them
– More Rubix Kube band members – who also happen to be members of the band Trixter – Steve Brown and PJ Farley
– Awesome debut album. Then came the dark period for all of us ’80s music fans – Grunge
– Other projects
– Reunited in 2008
– Yes, Paul just compared Trixter to Bon Jovi and Def Leppard
– New Audio Machine and Human Era
– Eric Martin and the Trixters. The guys tour with Mr. Big’s Eric Martin
– Maybe we will hear more from these guys
– Steve Brown’s tenure with Def Leppard – Do all those Mutt Parts
I’m running and I won’t touch ground
Oh no, I got to keep on moving
If you’d like to get this song from Amazon, you can click on the album cover below
Thanks again to Del Roehling! Don’t forget to follow Del’s radio show at https://www.facebook.com/WEDM80sat8/. You can also go to WEDM, to listen to the “The 80s at 8” radio show live at 8am EST on Saturdays and Sundays. You can also find the show in the Tunein and NextRadio apps.