Welcome to a new podcast series called, Return to 1989. Inspired by T.G Monahan’s Dreamin’ in ’89, we decided to take a look back and see what happened 30 years ago. Todd “T.G.” Monahan Return to 1989 to go over news events, movie releases, and album releases. This month, we Return to January. If you have anything you would like us to discuss, or if you had any personal stories or milestones from this year, please let us know. You can either comment below, or email us at Returntothe80s@gmail.com.
– Jan 8 “42nd Street” closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 3,486 performances and “Starlight Express” closes at Gershwin Theater NYC after 761 performances
– Jan 10 LA Kings center Wayne Gretzky becomes NHL’s all-time leading scorer in combined regular season & playoff points; 4 assists in 5-4 home win over Edmonton brings his total to 2,011, 1 more than Gordie Howe.
– Jan 13 “Ryan’s Hope” ends 13½ year run on ABC-TV
– Jan 28 46th Golden Globes: “Rain Man”, Dustin Hoffman, & Jodie Foster win
Gleaming the Cube
The January Man
No Retreat, No Surrender 2
If you’d like to contact Todd, and/or order the book, he can be reached in the following places:
– tgmonahan.com – can get a signed copy
Amazon: Dreamin’ in ’89: A Novel
Facebook: Author TG Monagan
Citrine Publishing – http://www.citrinepublishing.com/
Return to the ’80s
Also, you can subscribe to the Return to the ’80s podcast on
[twitter-follow screen_name=’returntothe80s’ show_count=’yes’ text_color=’00ccff’]