Welcome back to this week’s countdown! If you missed the previous songs, you can go back and check out 40-31 and 30-21. Here are some fun facts about 1987:
– Average Cost of new house $92,000
– Average Income per year $24,350.00
– Average Price for new car $10,3055.00
– 1 gallon of gas 89 cents
– The Food and Drug Administration approves anti-AIDS drug AZT.
– The First Criminal convicted using DNA Evidence Robert Melias in England
– Work on the Channel Tunnel joining UK and France begins
– Clive Sinclair launches the Z88 Portable Computer weighing under 2 LBS
– 1987 is shortened by 1 second to adjust to the Gregorian calender
– Disposable Contact Lenses became available for commercial distribution
Now, let’s Return to the week ending February 28, 1987, and continue the countdown.
The ballads continue. A lot of people gave Journey crap for their Raised on Radio album. But, I loved that album, and this was a great ballad off of it. I also liked the concert videos they released at the time, including this one.
Right back at ya, Samantha. Right back at ya. Although I was a huge rock fan back then, I did love all of Samantha Fox’s songs. There wasn’t a bad song on her first three albums. So, let’s sum things up:
Samantha Fox > Bruce Hornsby. There, I said it!
That wraps up today’s list of songs. I hope you’re still enjoying this countdown. Tomorrow we will find out what the biggest hits on the Billboard 100 were this week, 31 years ago. As usual, I would love to hear your thoughts on this music, and what you were doing at this time.