After focusing on music the first two episodes, we now go to the big screen. This week, Paul and Robert discuss the ’80s classic, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Don’t be a dick like Mr. Hand. All you need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, Return to the ’80s, and you’ll be fine. Enjoy! And please leave us comments and questions at Returnto80s@gmail.com.
– Intro followed by “We Got the Beat” by The Go-Go’s
– Paul begins the podcast by introducing today’s topic, Cuba in the ’80s, before he is interrupted
– Pizza delivery scene – Return to the ’80s style
– Robert takes the last piece of pizza as we have a feat courtesy of Mr. Spicoli
– Instead of discussing Cuba in the ’80s, we will be discussing Fast Times at Ridgemont High
– But first, we revisit Remember That Song and Trivia from Episode 1. Since we have not received any answers yet, we are throwing these back out there in case anybody missed it.
Remember That Song
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old lady’s eyes
Just for fun he says, “Get a job.”
Mike Damone: First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. “Oh, Debbie. Hi.” Two, you always call the shots. “Kiss me. You won’t regret it.” Now three, act like wherever you are, that’s the place to be. “Isn’t this great?” Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It’s a classy move. “Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice.” And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.