On today’s episode, Paul and Del welcome Claire Young and Caroline Connelly, founders of the upcoming ’80s Radical Sabbatical Virtual Festival. This incredible event will be held on Saturday, January 30, 2021 beginning at 12:00pm Central/1:00pm Eastern, and will be at least 8 hours. Check out the episode to get all the exciting details!
Once again, the following people will be performing:
- Bret Michaels
- Kenny Loggins
- Grandmaster Flash (who will be taking us on a journey on the history of rap and hip-hop)
- Sebastian Bach’s Vinyl Wino (You get a package of 4 bottles of wine, and he will be doing segments of drinking wine and talking music)
- Lita Ford
- Ray Parker Jr.
- A Storytellers session with Jim Peterik of Survivor and Cathy Richardson of Jefferson Starship
- Jessie’s Girl (an awesome 80s tribute band)
- Resurrection (a Journey tribute band)
- SupersonicBlonde (a band who will be playing a one-hit wonder song on the top of each hour from each year of the 80s)
- Moriah Formica a young rock singer who got a 4-chair turn on The Voice.
- A Q&A session with Mark Weiss, author of the book, The Decade That Rocked
- In addition to all these, the festival kicks off with an aerobics class.
- There will be a cooking clinic with Claudia Wells (the original Jennifer from Back to the Future) who will be cooking from the Back to the Future cookbook, which you can also get.
- There is also a virtual photo booth, trivia, and all other games, including a costume contest and junior costume contest, and prizes.
There are all kinds of packages you can get with this festival. It is so exciting! And if that’s not enough, you can also do a video call with Sebastian Bach. Quantities are limited. So act now if you’d like to do that.
To get tickets, go to https://80sradsab.ticketspice.com/80sradsab
You can also connect with the ’80s Radical Sabbatical on the following social media accounts:
Del can be found on the show 80s at 8 on 91.1 WEDM FM as well the 80s at 8 Facebook page where he posts 80s news.
And you can follow Return to the 80s at:
Find Return to the ’80s on Facebook
Also, you can subscribe to the Return to the ’80s podcast on
As much as I obviously love to return to the ’80s, there is just something amazing about technology these days.
You see, when Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” came out, it instantly became my favorite song. And Survivor became one of my favorite bands. They have so many great songs, many of which a lot of people may not have heard before – which is a travesty.
Fast forward to today. The world is a much smaller place, and we are able to more easily connect with our heroes of days past. For example, I received a private message (PM as the kids say) from Jim Peterik, a founding member of Survivor! Well, maybe it was an intern, or a robot. But, I’ll pretend it was from Jim personally.
He is still out there putting out music. And he shared with me a new song he has released – “We All Bleed Red.” I loved it, immediately. Even though I post lyrics daily on this site, I’m generally more of a music guy than a lyrics guy. So, I loved the music – especially the guitar. The vocals aren’t bad, but I would love to have heard Jimi Jamison or Dave Bickler (both former Survivor lead singers) belt this one out. After listening more closely the second time, I was really listening to the lyrics, and they really moved me. With all the violence and hatred throughout the world today, this song sends a great message. Apparently Peterik wrote this in response to the Orlando nightclub shooting. But, it covers everything that is going on.
We’re all cut from the same cloth
Just shaped in different forms
We lose our way
When we try to play God
No one but our maker
Can even up the odds
It’s a night of a million questions
As our outrage takes control
We;re stripped of our humanity
And forced into a role
Here is the video. Check it out and let me know what you think.