Less than a year after I was nominated for The Liebster Award, we now have a sequel thanks to Vinnieh! Vinnieh has a totally awesome movie web site. You should go check it out early and often at https://vinnieh.wordpress.com/. There are a lot of movie reviews – for old and new movies, as well as other articles about actors/actresses. There are other fun articles as well. For example, as we just passed Valentines Day, there were a couple of appropriately themed articles – What are the sexiest scenes in film? and What are your favourite romantic movie scenes?. In the midst of all this, there is a series of James Bond reviews happening over there. And it looks like we are heading into the ’80s Bond films now. So thank you very much vinnieh!
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
OK, here are the questions I need to answer:
- Do you prefer watching a film in the cinema or at home? I would prefer going to the theater. But since I don’t get much of a chance, I usually watch at home.
- Do you have any unique talents? OK, You have to swear to God you won’t laugh:
- What is your ideal day like? All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.
- Which actor or actress do you think is the most gorgeous? This is a tough one! I could come up with a long list. But, off the top of my head, I’ll have to say Vanessa Williams. She was Miss America in the ’80s for a very short time. And I just saw her in something on TV not too long ago, and she still looks gorgeous!
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging? Interacting with people all over the world, and making new friends. Obviously, I love to Return to the ’80s, but back then, I would have never dreamed it was possible to make friends all over the world.
- What posts of yours is your personal favourite? One of my favorites was ’80s Back to School Accessories. I just whipped it up in less than 30 minutes, and it was a lot of fun. I also love the Top 40 Countdowns. We are long overdue for a new one. But, real life and being buried by this year’s New England snow keeps setting back my schedule. I’ll try to pick this back up within the next week or two.
- What’s the best holiday you have ever been on? On my honeymoon, we flew across the country and spent a few days in San Diego, drove up to Anaheim, went to Disney for a few more days, then went on a cruise for 7 days.
- Have you ever met anyone famous? Not really. About 11 or 12 years ago, we were in an empty Miami airport very early in the morning. I was at one of the stores looking through some overpriced books. This may sound crazy, but I got a chill down my spine and felt the temperature drop. Then I heard somebody behind me complaining very loudly, saying that he can’t believe they didn’t have a cart for him to ride in, and he had to walk. My wife was standing in front of me, and her eyes went wide open. I turned around and it was O.J. Simpson surrounded by an entourage of people walking by us. Then about 10 minutes later another entourage of people were walking by us. And in the middle of them was Todd Bridges!
- Describe yourself in three words. Awesome, bodacious dude
- What film have you watched and never want to watch again? Bill Cosby: Himself. I remember watching this concert movie on HBO all the time before The Cosby Show came out. I believe I was 12 or 13 at the time. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. A year or 2 ago, I saw this come on TV again, so I tried watching it. I didn’t laugh once. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. And now with all the accusations that have come to light, I definitely can’t look at him the same way again.
- Do you enjoy awards season and are you excited for the Oscars? I enjoy the spirit of awards season as the arts get celebrated. However, I can’t get excited for the Oscars. It’s too political for me. If the winners were selected by merit, instead of by sucking up to the right people, I could live with it. There is no way you will ever convince me in any time or galaxy that Annie Hall was a better movie than Star Wars. And the year that Shakespeare in Love won Best Picture over Saving Private Ryan, I checked out for good. I may check out the opening, if I think of it, to see if the host does a good job, or if it is a train wreck. Either way, I may be entertained for about 15 minutes.
And now the nominations for the award as chosen by yours truly:
what about the twinkie?
The Animation Files
A Redhead at the Movies
Confessions From a Geek Mind
Stitch Boom Bang!
Driving MsMiranda’s Blog
My Live Action Disney Project
And now my questions for my nominees:
1. Who was your favorite MTV VJ?
2. Which of these is your favorite Star – Wars, Trek, Battle Galactica (original or reboot), or Search?
3. Which celebrity did you have a crush on in your childhood or teen years?
4. What blog posts of yours are your personal favorites?
5. What is your favorite television show?
6. If you were in The Breakfast Club, which character would you be?
A. The Brain (Brian) – Anthony Michael Hall
B. The Jock (Andy) – Emilio Estevez
C. The Criminal (Bender) – Judd Nelson
D. The Princess (Claire) – Molly Ringwald
E. The Basket Case (Allison) – Ally Sheedy
7. What is your favorite genre of music?
8. Have you ever met anyone famous?
9. What is your favorite vacation destination?
10. What is your favorite ’80s movie?
And the last question is
Yo, Return to the ’80s, I’m really happy for you, Imma letchu finish, Imma letchu finish, but Beyoncé had the best questions of all time!
What the hell was that?!?!? Um, awkward. Anyway,
11. Which awards show is your favorite?
If you were not listed in the nominee section, and you want to have fun answering the questions (the ones posed to me and/or the questions I posed), feel free to enter your answers in the comments.
Thanks again to Vinnieh. This was a lot of fun!!Follow @returntothe80s