Welcome to a new episode of Return to the 80s! This was a hard fought battle to get this posted. Del and I had recorded another episode a week before this one, and it did not come out at all. So we had to have a do-over, and Robert was able to join us this time. In case you are wondering who Del is…he’s the one giving you the Remember That Song every day. He also hosts an 80s radio show, which we discuss in this episode.
Speaking of this episode, we each had gone to a concert, which we discuss in this episode.
– Welcome Del Roehling from 80s at 8 on 91.1 WEDM FM, and from the legendary Return to the 80s, “Remember That Song” fame
– Stream WEDM at 8am on Saturdays and Sundays for Del’s show, 80s at 8
– Paul misses Def Leppard and Journey at Fenway Park
– Robert’s review of Rick Springfield, and Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo
– Del’s review of the band, Yacht Rock Review
– Paul’s review of Chicago and REO Speedwagon, and the great Chicago controversy
Remember That Song stays alive this week! Thanks again to Del Roehling! Don’t forget to follow Del’s radio show at https://www.facebook.com/WEDM80sat8/. You can also go to WEDM, to listen to the “The 80s at 8” radio show live at 8am EST on Saturdays and Sundays. You can also find the show in the Tunein and NextRadio apps.
Can you name the artist and song:
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days
Last Song: “Shadows of the Night” by Pat Benatar from the album Get Nervous (1982)
Hey Everybody! Welcome back to this week’s Top 40 Countdown! If you missed the previous songs, you can go back and check out songs 40-31, 30-21 and 20-11. When I began this week, I had no idea that this would be one of the best, if not THE best countdown I’ve covered so far. Let’s see if this streak continues today. Let’s Return to the week ending January 19, 1985, and wrap up the countdown.