I can’t remember how the subject came up, but my good friend Gill, from the awesome blog – RealWeegieMidget Reviews, were discussing the great Kurt Russell. I had mentioned how I have never seen Kurt Russell in a bad movie. So, Gill suggested that we host a Kurt Russell blog-a-thon. What a brilliant idea!
Kurt Russell has an immense body of work in both television and film – from being a child star in the early ’60s through last year’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to this past December’s Candlelight Procession at Disney’s Epcot:
Yes, I saw him in person, and yes, he was looking right at me.
So I am now formally inviting you to join us in the “Kurt Russell Blogathon” on May 21 – May 23, 2018.
In the blog-a-thon we’d love reviews of his acting career as a film and TV actor in any of his roles large or small. We are accepting no more than 3 duplicates relating to all entries. I’ll be adding a Who’s doing What page.. with a link here. I should also note that this is not limited to his work in the ’80s. Anything from his childhood roles up to his most recent roles, will be accepted and encouraged.
And here’s the rules…
We’d like you to:
Write a post or send us a link to your podcast.
- The link to the review/post must be sent to me at Return to the ’80s or Gill at RealWeegieMidget Reviews. Please send these to us on any day and we both will publish the entries as we get them.
- We will allow no more than 3 duplicates and 3 entries per person.
- Add one of the banners to your site and add this to your post.
- Please include your Twitter handle and Facebook page if you have one, the name of your site along with your review choice. Just so as I can promote your post here, there and everywhere!
- We allow guest posts – if you want to add a post and don’t have a blog we’ll publish it on one of our sites.
- All posts will be published on the Blogathon dates between May 21 – May 23, 2018 and a recap will be added after this.
- Have fun and be creative!
And to get things rolling here’s our choices:
Gill from RealWeegieMidget Reviews – Escape from New York (1981)
Paul from Return to the ’80s – The Mean Season (1985)
For inspiration, you can check out his roles on imdb.
And also a big thanks to Gill for creating these awesome banners…
Looking forward to hearing from you and celebrating the life and times of this kick-ass actor.Follow @returntothe80s